View as map

Historic houses and castles

464 results found, Search Again

No results match your search criteria
  1. Desmond Castle / Wine Museum

    Kinsale, Cork

    A good example of an urban tower house, the castle consisits of a keep with storehouses to the rear and domestic offices on the first and second floors. Read more

    Visit website
  2. Doe Castle

    Creeslough, Donegal

    Doe Castle is situated about 1 mile off the Carrigart to Creeslough road. This MacSuibhne castle is protected on three sides by the sea, while on the landward side a moat has been hewn from the rock. Read more

  3. Audley's Castle

    Downpatrick, County Down

    The castle is named after its late 16th-century owners, the Audleys, an Anglo-Norman family who ... Read more

    Visit website
  4. The West Wing, Crom Castle

    Enniskillen, County Fermanagh

    Visit website
  5. Baronscourt Estate

    Omagh, County Tyrone

    Situated in a sheltered valley in the foothills of the Sperrin mountains in Ireland’s County ... Read more

  6. Kylemore Abbey and Victorian Walled Garden

    Kylemore, Galway

    Kylemore Abbey and Victorian Walled Garden was originally built by Mitchell Henry in 1867 as a romantic gift for his beloved wife and is now home to the Benedictine Order. The 1000-acre Kylemore Abbey is located just off the N59 in the midst of stun Read more

    Visit website
  7. Slane Castle

    Slane, Meath

    Slane Castle, set in the middle of a 1,500 acre estate in the heart of the Boyne Valley, lies only twenty-five minutes from Dublin Airport. Read more

    Visit website
  8. Parkanaur Manor House

    Dungannon, County Tyrone

  9. Teach Mhici Mac Gabhann

    Gortahork, Donegal

    Teach Mhici Mac Gabhann is the birth place of Mickey McGowan, the author of Rotha Mor an tSaoil (The Hard Road to Klondike). It is located in Gortahork, County Donegal and guided tours are available. Read more

  10. Castle Ellen House

    Athenry, Galway

    Castle Ellen house is a manor house with enclosed yard built in 1810 standing on 20 acres, largely woodland. It is situated four kilometres from Athenry on the Tuam road. Read more

    Visit website
See more