Historic houses and castles

47 of 434

Mahee Castle

View as map

Contact details

Address

Mahee Island, Comber,
T: (028) 9181 1491

This ruined Tower House commands a position at the north end of Mahee Island in Strangford Lough.

This ruined Tower House commands a position at the north end of Mahee Island in Strangford Lough. The house was built in 1570 by an English soldier called Captain Browne. Today, it is badly ruined but still of considerable interest. Visitors should park at Nendrum Monastic Site and walk back to the Castle.