Historic houses and castles

341 of 478

Brook Park (Heritage Trail)

View as map

Contact details

Address

Rosemount Avenue,
T: (028) 7126 2637
The park was developed around a boys' orphange known as Gwyn's Charitable Institute from a bequest of a Mr Brooke. This building was destroyed in the 1970s during 'The Troubles' when it was being used as a library. The Gate Lodge at the Infirmary Road entrance was built in 1840 and is contemporary to the original Gwyn's building. The statue just inside the Infirmary Gate is of Sir Robert Ferguson, Bart, a former M.P for the city.