Lumen Christi College ( Heritage Trail)
- View as map
Bishop Street, Derry,
T: (028) 7136 2595
Formerly the site of St. Columb’s College on Bishop Street, this was once the summer palace of the Church of Ireland Bishop Hervey. St. Columb’s was built in 1877 and the north wing extension added in 1892. Other extensions were added in 1897, 1932 and 1936. In the grounds are the remains of a windmill that was the scene of a battle during the Siege of 1689. The Walls surrounding the College have a coping of lava from Mount Vesuvius brought back by Bishop Hervey.