- View as map
Kilbolane, Charleville, Cork, Republic of Ireland
The remains of Kilbolane Castle are located in Milford, County Cork. It is a square castle with rounded turrets at the corners and is surrounded by a moat.
Although in the style of Kilbolane Castle are of the 13th century, it was built in the 15th or 16th century probably by the Cogans from whom it was acquired by the Earls of Desmond.
It was destroyed by Cromwells army in 1642, leaving only two of tis towers intact. Each tower was then used by separate parties until 1897, when they were purchased by Hannigan. They have been maintained over the years by the Board of Works and can be viewed by the public throughout the year.