City Hall Cork
- View as map
The City Hall was opened in 1936 and replaced the previous structure which was burned down on 11 September 1920. It is located in the heart of Cork City and now houses Cork City’s administration.
Cork City Hall was designed by architects Jones and Kelly and the six limestone Tuscan pillars and copper-domed clock tower are particularly impressive by night. The limestone, like so many of Cork's buildings, is from nearby Little Island.
The City Hall houses Cork City's administration. The City Hall is also used for concerts and during office hours it is possible to go inside to see the staircase made of Connemara marble.