Dublin City Hall
- View as map
Dame Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Ms Alice Boardman
Dublin City Hall is an example of the Georgian architecture for which Dublin is world renowned. Built between 1769 and 1779 as the Royal Exchange, it was purchased by Dublin Corporation in 1851.
Dublin City Hall was built between 1769 and 1779 as the Royal Exchange and purchased by Dublin Corporation in 1851.
'Dublin’s City Hall: The Story of the Capital' in the vaults of Dublin City Hall is a multimedia exhibition which traces the evolution of Dublin City.
Treasures of the city such as the great sword and mace of Dublin and the Lord Mayor's chains come together with video, medieval manuscripts, interactive computer displays and period costumes, to tell the story of the capital city.
The exhibition takes just one hour and describes over 1000 years of Dublin City.