- View as map
To get to the walk from Killeter follow the road signposted to Pettigo for approximately 11/2 km ...
To get to the walk from Killeter follow the road signposted to Pettigo for approximately 11/2 km before turning left to the Magherakeel Road. En route from the small car park adjacent to the graveyard look out for:
• The ruins of St. Caireall’s Church, which dates to at least the 11th century
• A restored lime kiln
• Gortnagross National School
• The Mass rock at Mellow’s Glen
• Abandoned Causeway Road for Killeter to Pettigo
• The Black gap and Causeway Hill, with extensive views of Fermanagh
From the Black gap the route loops along part of the Shanaghy Road to rejoin the Causeway and then descends to the car park. On returning to the car park, a short walk some 500 metres to the west along the Magherakeel Road takes you to St Patrick’s Holy Well (Toberpatrick).