Wellbrook Beetling Mill
- View as map
Wellbrook is nestled in an idyllic wooded valley. As you come over the hill and see the river...
Wellbrook is nestled in an idyllic wooded valley. As you come over the hill and see the river, the mill, its water wheel and traditional cottage, it looks as if nothing could disturb the tranquillity. But it is not always so quiet! If you come to the mill when there is flax pulling you will find a hive of industry and when the beetling engines are running their thunder fills the valley.
• Last working beetling mill in Northern Ireland
• Hands-on demonstrations of the linen process, led by costumed guides
• Original hammer machinery, used to beat a sheen into cloth
• Clattering and cacophony of the beetles builds as the roll of linen is pounded
• Lovely walks and picnic opportunities by the Ballinderry River
• A truly unique experience
Visitor facilities –
Mill: Industrial heritage; Countryside; Shop; Guided tours; Suitable for picnics; Country walk; Programme of events; Access for visitors with disability (limited); Facilities for families; Learning; Dogs welcome on leads in grounds/garden only.
• Limited access for visitors with disabilities.
See Information tab for Opening Times and Prices.