St Catherine's Church
- View as map
Thomas Street, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
St Catherine’s Church can be found in the oldest part of Dublin City, not far from Christ Church Cathedral and St Patrick’s Cathedral. The present building dates from the mid-1700s, although the site has had religious ties since 1177.
On Thomas Street in Dublin City Centre, people will find St Catherine’s Church, which was designed by architect John Smyth and constructed between 1760 and 1769. It stands on a site with ecclesiastical significance dating back to 1177.
The church’s interior is typical of the period, with an oak-panelled gallery, cast-iron columns and boxed pews.
St Catherine’s closed in the 1960s and eventually came under the care of CORE (City Outreach for Renewal and Evangelism). In recent years, the church was restored and reopened as a place of worship for CORE.