Londonderry Derry

56 of 453

Apprentice Boys of Derry Association & Memorial Hall

View as map

Contact details

Address

13 Society Street, Londonderry, Londonderry,
T: (028) 7134 7630
E: billymoore13@hotmail.co.uk
The Apprentice Boys of Derry Association is established for the purpose of commemorating the anniversaries of the shutting of the Gates and the Relief of Londonderry.The Memorial Hall and museum is dedicated to the history and heritage of the Siege of Londonderry 1688-1689.

The Memorial Hall was built originally in 1873 and extended in 1936. designed originally by John Guy Ferguson and recently renovated. The building is neo-gothic, with a strong Scottish baronial façade. Includes a good museum of local items. It contains fine examples of meeting rooms for each of the Loyal Orders; while its museum contains artefacts and video presentations relating to the Siege of Londonderry and the Apprentice Boys Association. It is a Listed building.