The Former Waterside Railway Station (Heritage Trail)
- View as map
Duke Street, Derry - Londonderry, Co Londonderry, Northern Ireland
(028) 90 666630
Built in 1873 on Duke Street is the original terminus of the railway to Belfast. The architect was John Lanyon and the clock tower was added in 1888. The building was restored after a number of bomb attacks in the 1970s by architect Caroline Dickson. The restoration has won a Europa Nostra award. Trains for Belfast now leave from the modern railway station nearby.