Layd Old Church
- View as map
Cushendall Tourist Office, Cushendall, County Antrim,
Mrs Harriet Hamilton
T: (028) 2076 2024
Located one mile from Cushendall are the delightful ruins of a 13th century Franciscan foundation.
Located one mile from Cushendall are the delightful ruins of a 13th century Franciscan foundation. Chief burial place of the MacDonnell's after Bonamargy which has been built at least three times and served as a parish church from 1306 to the end of the 18th century. Fine stones in the graveyard include a cross in memory of Doctor James MacDonnell, pioneer in the use of chloroform for surgical operations. Open access all year round.