People's Flower Gardens Phoenix Park
- View as map
The Victorian gardens are 22 acres in size and were re-opened in 1864 after originally being established in 1840.
The Victorian People's Flower Gardens are located between the Parkgate Street entrance, and the North Circular Road Gate entrance to the Phoenix Park.
They comprise of an area of 9 hectares (22 acres) and were laid out and enclosed in 1864. The gardens were originally established in 1840 as the Promenade Grounds and provide an opportunity to demonstrate Victorian horticulture.
A large ornamental lake, children's playground, picnic areas and Victorian bedding schemes are just some of the attractions.