Tourism Ireland, Etihad Airways and House of Travel Competition – Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. The promotion begins on 03/03/2014 and closes at 12:01pm on 27/03/2014 (“promotional period”).
4. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
(a) visit the Tourism Ireland New Zealand website at http://www.ireland.com/en-nz/campaign/normal-campaign/2014/spd-win-a-holiday;
(b) answer the three (3) multiple choice questions and then answer the question,
(c) input your requested details as prompted;
(d) tick the box to acknowledge that you understand the terms and conditions of the competition;
5. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the promotional period.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. One (1) competition prize winner will be chosen at random based on all those that have answered the three multiple choice questions correctly.
10. The draw will take place on 27/03/2014. The winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on Tourism Ireland New Zealand’s Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/DiscoverIrelandNz) from 29/03/2014.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. No purchase is necessary however internet access is required to enter.
13. The chosen winning entry will win a trip for two (2) adults to Ireland. Prize includes:
• One trip for two to Dublin in economy class with Etihad Airways ex Australia
• Trans-Tasman connecting flights on economy class from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch courtesy of Tourism Ireland
• 7 day Group B Hertz Car Hire to/from Dublin including Unlimited Mileage, CDW, TP, LSC (insurances), Additional Driver and Tax courtesy of House of Travel
• 7 nights pre booked bed & breakfast guesthouse accommodation courtesy of House of Travel
Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included.
Flights between Australia and Dublin must be on Etihad Airways services only.
The prize is limited to the following travel period.
• 01-30 Apr 14
• 01 Sep-30 Nov 14
• 01 Jan-31 Mar 15
The airline ticket is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The following costs are to be borne by the passenger: travel costs to and from the points of departure, travel insurance, accommodation, excess baggage over and above the approved 30kgs, meals, and any other travel related expenses. No Frequent Flyer points will be accrued as part of this prize. Airline lounge access is not included in this prize. Limousine transfers are not included in this prize. Bookings must be made at least 90 days prior to travel. Two sets of alternate travel dates must be provided at time of request.
14. The winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and their companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
15. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
16. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. There is no cash prize alternative.
18. Total prize pool value is up to AU$5,000. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
19. The winner must respond in writing or by telephone by 01/04/2014 at 12PM to claim their prize. A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 02/04/2014 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. In the case of a winner, they will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on the Facebook Page from 05/04/2014.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of and/or participation in the prize.
24. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and their companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If an entrant opts-in at the time of entry, the Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
26. For the Promoter’s full privacy statement please visit http://www.ireland.com/en-nz/legal-information/privacy-policy
27. The Promoter is Tourism Ireland Limited of 3H Level 3, Canterbury Arcade Building, 170 Queen Street, Auckland CBD. Telephone: 09 977 2255.
Save this page to your Scrapbook:
You have Scrapbooks created. Click below to see all of your saved pages.
This page has been save to your Scrapbook