Mulligans Pub of Poolbeg Street is a two minute walk from the main thoroughfare of O'Connell Street. It has been at the core of the city's cultural and imbibing life for nearly 300 years.
Mulligans Pub was originally a shebeen (unlicensed drinking venue). It has been "legal" since 1782, making it one of the oldest premises in Ireland's metropolis.
The decor has mad few concessions to the intervening centuries and now mature customers are being served the house's famous Guinness and strong whiskey by a third generation of the Cusack family, who inherited it from Kinsmen.
Mulligans has long been a great newspaper and theatrical pub and in the mid 1950's John F. Kennedy as a journalist, with the Hearst Newspaper visited Mulligans and was shown Joyce's favourite perch at the bar. thousands have come since and are still coming to pay homage at the literary shrine.
The Mulligan crew have been around a long time, but like the place itself they have aged gracefully. Here you will find the easy familiarity of a master with his craft, just like the barmen of old, friendly, lightning fast and ever ready with a razor sharp wit.