- View as map
Teach Carraig, Powerswood, Thomastown, Kilkenny, Republic of Ireland
Mr Neal McCormack
Teach Carraig is an elegant 4 Star holiday cottage, nestled in the hills above the Arigle River. It combines a rural, idyllic beauty with modern convenience & comfort, all in a part of rural Kilkenny that is a haven of tranquillity.
Teach Carraig is the Gaelic for “rock house”, a term often used to describe dwellings built In the aftermath of the famine of the mid 19th century. In early 2013 it was transformed and is now an elegant 4 Star holiday cottage.
Teach Carraig nestles in the hills above the Arigle River. This part of rural Kilkenny is a haven of tranquillity, situated 5 miles from both the walled Norman settlement of Thomastown and the picturesque village of Inistioge. Teach Carraig is within 25 minutes drive of both Kilkenny and Waterford cities with the port of Rosslare and Waterford airport being within easy striking distance. Dublin and Cork are also within 2 hours drive.
Teach Carraig combines a rural, idyllic beauty with modern convenience & comfort. The house is to be found on a quiet road in the townsland of Powerswood, adjoining our renovated 19th century farmhouse where we will be on hand to welcome you and offer any assistance you may need.
The cottage sleeps 4; the accommodation consisting of a double room upstairs complete with king size bed & a twin room downstairs which can be reconfigured to a double room on request. A cot is also available if required. There is an upstairs bathroom with a luxurious roll top bath, sink & WC whilst downstairs there is a wetroom with sink & WC. The ground floor has an open plan kitchen dining area and an adjoining sitting room.
The cottage is fitted & equipped to a high standard and includes:
- Wood burning stove with fuel starter pack & fire guard
- Flat screen TV & DVD player
- Combined CD. IPod docking station & radio
- High efficiency oil fired central heating (radiators & water)
- Double oven with grill & ceramic hob, washer/dryer, dishwasher & fridge freezer.
- Garden area with seating and BBQ area as well as beautiful views of the valley.
- Off road parking for two cars.
- Facilities for young children (stair gates, high chair, cot, baby monitor, sterilizer all available on request)
- Bed linen & towels supplied
- Basic food starter pack
Additional services provided:
- Itinerary planning- as you’re on holiday you may not want to spend lots of time researching what to do. If you tell us in advance how you would like to spend your time and the ages of your children we will e-mail you a suggested itinerary taking full advantage of what seasonal events are on during your stay. We will give you an information pack upon your arrival geared towards your interests.
- A reasonably priced babysitting service until midnight is available by prior arrangement.
- Evening transport until midnight for a nominal fee to and from Thomastown by prior arrangement for up to 3 nights of your stay.
- Pets are welcome at Teach Carraigh (maximum of 2).
Teach Carraig is a No Smoking property.