Tours Of The Government Buildings
- View as map
Government Buildings, Merrion Street, Dublin City Centre, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
A tour of the Government Buildings consists of a history of the building, the stained glass window by Evie Hone, the conference rooms, the Taoiseachs (Prime Minister) room and the Government meeting room.
Foundation stone was laid on 28th April 1904 by King Edward VII. His son King George the V officially opened the building as a college of science on the 8th July 1911. The Architects were Sir Aston Webb and Thomas Manley Dean.