Emo Court House & Gardens
- View as map
Emo, Laois, Republic of Ireland
Emo Court was designed by the noted architect James Gandon. It has magnificent gardens and parklands and is located 2.5 kilometres from Emo village, near to the M7 and just 7 kilometres from Portarlington railway station in County Laois.
Emo Court was designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for the Earls of Portarlington and is a magnificent example of the neo-classical style. During the middle of this century it was owned by the Jesuits and it was then acquired and extensively restored by Mr. Cholmeley Harrison in the 1960s.
Located in Emo, County Laois, the house is surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland which were first laid out in the 18th Century and contain formal lawns, a lake and woodland walks with fine trees and shrubs.