- View as map
The Argory was built in the 1820s and its hilltop location offers wonderful views over the gardens..
The Argory was built in the 1820s and its hillside location has wonderful views over the gardens and 320 acre wooded estate bordering the River Blackwater. This former home of the MacGeough–Bond family has a splendid stable yard with horse carriages, harness room, acetylene gas plant and laundry. Take a stroll around the delightful gardens or for the more energetic along the woodland and riverside way-marked trails.
• Fascinating courtyard displays
• Garden, woodland and riverside walks with wonderful sweeping views
• Snowdrop walks and superb spring bulbs
• Adventure playground and environmental sculpture trail
• Enjoy afternoon tea and award winning scones in Lady Ada’s tea room
Visitor facilities –
Historic house: Garden: Countryside: Shop: Refreshments: Guided tours: Suitable for picnics: Country walk: Programme of events: Access for visitors with disability: Facilities for families: Learning: Dogs welcome on leads in grounds/garden only: Available for functions.