- View as map
Historic castellated (former prison) home, adapted for use as the Bridewell of Cahir, 1812-15. Bedrooms are in former cells and keepers rooms, with many original features, accessed by a cut limestone spiral staircase tower. A comfortable, spacious building overlooking the town and encircled by a walled garden. Architecturally listed and in family ownership since 1919. Centrally located, near bus and train stations and restaurants.